30 September 2005

Jungle babbler


This young jungle babbler fell out of its nest when my father accidentally pruned the very branch on which the nest was built. The rest of the day was spent in trying to make the chick comfortable in its own nest ensconced in a flower pot where its parents and foster parents took turn in feeding it (with Jungle babblers it is a commune system where whole group feeds the young ones) till the chick got tired of the fuss and refused to stay clamped down at one place. When last seen it was trying to go up a nearby tree in small calculated steps and the foster parents were egging it on.

8 comments:

  1. No new posts? C'mon, I loved the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they have broadband and 24-hrs water in dehradun?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Broadband yes. BSNL and Sify are available. 24 hrs water you get here in rainy season! Annual rain fall in dehradun is 80 inches and most of it is during monsoons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. rm: finally you read your own blog comments! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. uma:
    I use picassa to view photographs on my PC. I made this blog while testing the blog making link on picassa. After that I forgot all about it! But now I have activated the email alert so I would know when there is a comment on the blog. Vaise bhi genius ke blog ke baad idhar aane ka time kahan bachta hai!

    ReplyDelete
  6. for an obsessive surfer like me, there is plenty of time to read a lot of blogs :D

    ReplyDelete